Seminar Series: People Power
Workforce Health, Business Wealth
Wynyard Park House
8:30 am to 11:00 am
The Toffee Factory
Lower Steenbergs Yard
8:30 am to 11:00 am
Email Lucy Murray with any questions.
Awareness of the widespread effects of mental health on modern society has been raised following Theresa May’s commitment to improving the stigma, understanding and treatment of mental health issues that affect one in four people. Employee absence due to psychological illnesses such as stress, depression and anxiety are ubiquitous and costs UK businesses a staggering £32billion per year, with the annual cost of presenteeism being “twice that of absenteeism.”
This is the third event in our successful People Power series; Square One Law is delighted to invite you to this breakfast seminar where we will discuss psychological illness, its causes, effects and the steps businesses can take to improve engagement, reduce absenteeism and effectively apply corporate capability procedures.
JP van Zyl, Head of the employment team at Square One Law, Simon Loy, Employment Partner at Square One Law and Nicole Addis, Consultant Psychotherapist and Managing Director of Peel Psychological Consultancy will jointly deliver a thought provoking and practical seminar on the benefits of maximising your workforce’s health.
Nicole Addis, Peel Psychological Consultancy
The session will focus on how progressive and pre-emptive steps taken to address work related stress can transform the normally negative and time-consuming outcomes generally associated with the issue. Specific points will include:
- The physiology of stress, how to spot when we are stressed and the impact of stress in the work environment
- How stress affects the ‘Thinking Brain,’ how to wake this aspect of our brains
- Addressing the issue of ‘negative self talk,’ supportively
- How to implement a proactive and constructive approach to workforce health for the long-term benefit of employees and your company’s performance
- Ensuring matters are handled sensitively and professionally by taking appropriate steps to address stress and mental health issues at work and focussing on terms and conditions of employment; formulating and implementing absence and stress policies within the law.
Places are limited at both events and are allocated on a first come, first served basis so please ensure you reserve your free place by contacting Lucy Murray.
Please note this event is for clients and business partners of Square One Law and Peel Psychological Consultancy therefore we cannot accept bookings from other law firms.